Tuesday 8 July 2014

Mac Osbourne's 
Kelly Yum Yum Lipstick 
Vs
Candy Yum Yum Lipstick


When I first heard that this collection was going to include Candy Yum Yum and was going to be sold as Kelly Yum Yum it was a pass for me...

That is until I saw swatches of it online of course! 
I couldn't deny myself of another bright pink lipstick..
They even picture differently, most people (including myself) thought it was just Candy Yum Yum repackaged, but it's definitely not.

(L-R) Kelly Yum Yum - Candy Yum Yum

While Candy is a matte finish Kelly is a satin but acts like a matte on me!
It applied very easily with no tugging or bother and it seriously lasted like a matte! 
I had it on for around 7 hours! Crazy for a satin I know! 
Candy is very similar and is also easy to apply and lasts just as long but 
honestly Kelly is my preferred pink now! 
The colour just suits me more overall for some reason.
 It seems like a darker hot pink and less blue tones in it than Candy YY.. 
and don't get me started on the packaging..!


To the eye the packaging is a slightly shimmery lilac with Kelly's signature in red.
 My camera does it no justice! 
I love limited edition lipsticks usually just for packaging but this one is something special. 
I've heard talk and comparisons with the Dame Edna lipsticks 
but they are completely different, the colour for starters!



So as you can see these two lipsticks are not identical and Mac have done very well in selecting a different hot pink shade.
It applied smoothly, lasted ages and the packaging is stunning! 
It's absolutely a 10/10 for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment